Traffic and transportation is a major challenge in any urban environment where density, infrastructure, public transit, and weather all play a role. Phoenix residents are very reliant on their cars to get from point A to B – but we’ve seen a major shift in the way people get around from the recent success of our light rail system, as well as apps like Lyft and Uber. Phoenix has its own challenges and opportunities, and this category encourages you to focus on how to better access information so that residents can get around more efficiently.
Solutions for Public Transit and Mobility should address but are not limited to the following:
- Inform users on traffic conditions
- Guide users in choosing the right means of transportation
- Help promote the use of sustainable transportation options
- Encourage or incentive users to choose public transportation options
- Connect transportation options such as bus, light rail, bike share, ride share
- Map transportation options that are personalized